Building Excellent Computer Science Programs Across Indiana
Teach quality computer science to positively impact the next generation in Indiana.
Indiana Computer Science Courses
CodeHS offers courses aligned with Indiana middle school and high school computer science standards. Explore the available courses and recommended pathway below.
Did You Know?
- CodeHS Courses are aligned to Indiana Computer Science Standards
- Indiana has K-12 Computer Science Standards
- Indiana requires high schools to offer Computer Science
- CodeHS Curriculum is free
Indiana Computer Science Stats
- Indiana and Kansas are the two states with the largest percentage increases in software employment from 2014 to 2016. Indiana software employment grew 32% (or 8,800 jobs).
- There will be 23,000 jobs in Central Indiana alone that will lack qualified computer science talent in 2025.
- 1,743 students took the Advanced Placement Computer Science exams in 2018 (823 AP CS A, 920 AP CSP)
Indiana Computer Science Pathway
CodeHS courses align with Indiana middle school and high school computer science standards for a robust grade 6-12 pathway.
We've Got Indiana Standards Covered
CodeHS maps all of the standards from Indiana to our courses, offering aligned and engaging curriculum in our 6-12 pathway.
Free Indiana Professional Development
CodeHS is partnering with the Indiana Department of Education to run multiple coding workshops and bootcamps! These professional development opportunities are free and designed for both new or experienced computer science teachers in Indiana.
Indiana Policies & Resources
The Indiana Department of Education made great strides in 2018 with the passing of Senate Enrolled Act 172, requiring all elementary, middle, and high schools to offer computer science by 2021-2022. After June 30, 2021, public and charter high schools, must offer at least one (1) computer science course as a one (1) semester elective in the public high school’s curriculum at least once each school year for high school students. Learn more about the Senate Enrolled Act 172 (2018)
Source: Indiana Department of Education
CodeHS is a member of the Student Data Privacy Consortium (SDPC) in many states. Your district can sign Exhibit E to execute the agreement for your state.
Explore our Privacy Center to learn more.