- Course Catalog
- 6-12 Curriculum Pathway
- K-12 Curriculum Pathway
- High School Pathways
- Middle School Courses
- All Courses
- Hour of Code
- Classroom Management
- Progress Tracking
- Lesson Plans
- Offline Handouts
- Problem Guides
- Problem Bank
- Playlist Bank
- Quiz Scores
- Professional Development
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- State Standards
CodeHS Certified Educator
Share your innovative teaching practices with a growing community of passionate CodeHS teachers!
The CodeHS Certified Educator program allows teachers to share their CodeHS experience and connect with other computer science teachers who are building successful computer science programs all over the world.APPLY NOW
CodeHS Certified Educators will have many opportunities to connect with other computer science teachers, share best practices, achieve recognition for their computer science success, and access exclusive CodeHS updates and swag.
Here are a few CodeHS Certified Educator Perks:
Recognition for Achievements in the Classroom
- Earn a CodeHS Certified Educator certificate and badge
- Get your name and school featured on the CodeHS website
- Highlight your district's computer science success in a case study
- Feature your best practices in a Teacher Spotlight on the CodeHS blog
Professional Development Opportunities
- Attend a local computer science conference
- Present at a CodeHS professional development event
- Join CodeHS at the upcoming CSTA conference
Exclusive Access to CodeHS Updates and Swag
- Receive a variety of CodeHS swag for your classroom
- Join the CodeHS Certified Educator online teacher forum
- Be the first to test new CodeHS tools and curriculum
To become a CodeHS Certified Educator you must:
- Teach 6th to 12th grade students
- Use CodeHS (Free or Pro) to teach a full year-long computer science course
- Have at least 1 year of experience using CodeHS in the classroom
- Verify your CodeHS teacher account
If selected, teachers must attend a 30-minute CodeHS Certified Educator Webinar to learn more about the program and how to get more involved. The webinar will be recorded to accommodate various schedules.
How to Apply
Go to the CodeHS Certified Educator Application
- Complete the online application
- Create an original coding problem on the CodeHS Problem Bank
- Submit a 2-minute video introducing yourself
Teachers are welcome to apply anytime. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis. You will hear back from our team within 3 weeks of submitting your application.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat are the requirements to apply?
We are looking for teachers who are currently using CodeHS in their classrooms. This program will require that you’ve taught with CodeHS for at least a full school year. Teachers can be using the Free or Pro version of CodeHS to qualify.
Do you have feedback about CodeHS courses? Do you create your own student activities? Do you like helping other teachers? Do you like sharing your CodeHS experience with others? If so, apply online today!
Learn how to add a coding exercise to the CodeHS Problem Bank here.
The video does not need to be Pixar quality, just have some fun with it! You can even prepare a slide deck for your video. Here are a few questions to think about while creating your video:
- Who are you?
- What do you teach?
- Where do you teach?
- How long have you been teaching?
- How do you use CodeHS?
- What is your favorite thing about teaching computer science?
We will check applications within 3 weeks of submission and follow-up with you via email.
Here are a few opportunities you will have, as a CodeHS Certified Educator:
- Write a short blog post or story about your classroom and experience using CodeHS
- Highlight your CodeHS experience on social media (@CodeHS #ReadWriteCode)CodeHS
- Share best practices and answer questions for new teachers using CodeHS
- Connect with new computer science teachers interested in using CodeHS
- Review new CodeHS curriculum
- Be the first to test new CodeHS platform features
- Contribute to the CodeHS Problem or Quiz Bank
- Attend and present at regional and national conferences to represent the CodeHS teacher experience
This is not a problem. There will be multiple webinars held throughout the year to accommodate new CodeHS Certified Educators. All we ask is for you to join one within the first 6 months of being accepted to the program.
We will be building out more ways for you to get involved over the next 6-12 months. If you have an idea and are interested in ramping up your involvement today, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!
Get In Touch
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.