Building Excellent Computer Science Programs Across New Mexico
Teach quality computer science to positively impact the next generation in New Mexico.
New Mexico Computer Science Courses
CodeHS offers courses aligned with New Mexico middle school and high school computer science standards. Explore the available courses and recommended pathway below.
Did You Know?
- CodeHS Courses are aligned to New Mexico Computer Science Standards
- New Mexico has K-12 Computer Science Standards
- New Mexico requires high schools to offer Computer Science
- CodeHS Curriculum is free
New Mexico Computer Science Stats
- Only 203 students in New Mexico took the Advanced Placement Computer Science exams in 2018 (101 AP CS A, 102 AP CSP); 43% of exams were taken by females.
- Computer programmers and software developers in New Mexico have an average annual salary of $83,730, which is higher than the average state salary at $45,400
Sources: College Board, Bureau of Labor Statistics
New Mexico Computer Science Pathway
CodeHS courses align with New Mexico middle school and high school computer science standards for a robust grade 6-12 pathway.
|New Mexico Tech Apps and Coding|
|New Mexico Course 3A|
|AP Computer Science Principles|
|New Mexico Course 3B|
|AP Computer Science A (Nitro)|
Top-Notch Professional Development
Online & in-person training for teachers to build the knowledge and confidence to teach excellent computer science courses.
New Mexico Policies & Resources
New Mexico adopted CSTA K-12 Computer Science Standards in 2018. The standards were set to give teachers and schools a strong foundation for building a computer science program.
Beyond the adoption of state CS standards, New Mexico has yet to implement any statewide policies requiring the implementation of computer science in schools.
Source: New Mexico Public Department of Education
Explore New Mexico CS Funding & Grants
CodeHS is a member of the Student Data Privacy Consortium (SDPC) in many states. Your district can sign Exhibit E to execute the agreement for your state.
Explore our Privacy Center to learn more.