Building Excellent Computer Science Programs Across Florida
Teach quality computer science to positively impact the next generation in Florida.
Florida Computer Science Courses
CodeHS offers courses aligned with Florida middle school and high school computer science standards. Explore the available courses and recommended pathway below.
Did You Know?
- CodeHS Courses are aligned to Florida Computer Science Standards
- Florida has K-12 Computer Science Standards
- Florida requires high schools to offer Computer Science
- CodeHS Curriculum is free
Florida Computer Science Stats
- 10,617 students in Florida took the Advanced Placement Computer Science exams in 2018 (2,645 AP CS A, 7,972 AP CSP); only 28% of exams were taken by females
- Universities in Florida did not graduate a single new teacher prepared to teach computer science in 2016
- There were 2,486 computer science graduates in 2015
- Computer programmers and software developers in Florida have an average salary of $90,543, which is higher than the overall average state salary at $44,790
Sources: College Board, Code.org, Bureau of Labor Statistics
Florida Computer Science Pathway
CodeHS courses align with Florida middle school and high school computer science standards for a robust grade 6-12 pathway.
|World of Computing|
|Introduction to the Internet|
|Florida Computing Ideas|
|AP Computer Science Principles|
|Intro to Computer Science in Python 2 (Rainforest)|
|AP Computer Science A (Nitro)|
We've Got Florida Standards Covered
CodeHS maps all of the standards from Florida to our courses, offering aligned and engaging curriculum in our 6-12 pathway.
Florida Certification Prep Course
CodeHS offers an online FTCE CS Prep Course to prepare teachers for the FTCE.
Florida Policies & Resources
In May 2016, Florida adopted K-12 computer science standards, which are a part of the state science standards. By 2018, Florida’s HB 495 was passed requiring all middle schools and high schools (grades 6-12th) to offer computer science or provide students access via the Florida Virtual School.
Explore Florida CS Funding & Grants
CodeHS is a member of the Florida Student Data Privacy Consortium (SDPC).
Explore our Privacy Center to learn more.