Building Excellent Computer Science Programs Across Arkansas
Teach quality computer science to positively impact the next generation in Arkansas.
Arkansas Computer Science Courses
CodeHS offers courses aligned with Arkansas middle school and high school computer science standards. Explore the available courses and recommended pathway below.
Did You Know?
- CodeHS Courses are aligned to Arkansas Computer Science Standards
- Arkansas has K-12 Computer Science Standards
- Arkansas requires high schools to offer Computer Science
- CodeHS Curriculum is free
Arkansas Computer Science Stats
- Approximately 45,000 computing jobs are open in Arkansas, which is 4.5 times the average demand
- Computer programmers and software developers in Arkansas have an average salary of $90,570
- 1,862 schools in Arkansas offered the AP Exams to one or more students in 2018
- In 2018, 11,306 students in Arkansas took the Advanced Placement Computer Science exams
Sources: College Board, Code.org, Bureau of Labor Statistics
Arkansas Computer Science Pathway
CodeHS courses align with Arkansas middle school and high school computer science standards for a robust grade 6-12 pathway.
We've Got Arkansas Standards Covered
CodeHS maps all of the standards from Arkansas to our courses, offering aligned and engaging curriculum in our 6-12 pathway.
Praxis Prep Course
This professional development course prepares teachers for the Praxis Computer Science Exam. The CodeHS Praxis Prep Course is 100% aligned to Arkansas state standards and covers all of the objectives designated for the exam.
Arkansas Policies & Resources
Act 187, passed in 2015, required all public and public charter high schools in Arkansas to offer a high school level computer science by the 2015-2016 school year. This means there must be at least one computer science course available to all 9-12 students.
Sources: Arkansas Department of Education, Code.org
Explore Arkansas CS Funding & Grants
CodeHS is a member of the Student Data Privacy Consortium (SDPC) in many states. Your district can sign Exhibit E to execute the agreement for your state.
Explore our Privacy Center to learn more.