5 Olympic Sports that are No Longer in the Olympics
- Athletes would dive into a pool and coast without moving their limbs.
- After 60 seconds, whoever had drifted the furthest would win.
- An 8 man team needed to pull their opponents six feet to win.
- Originally judged on both speed and style
- Then became a simple race to the top
Solo Synchronized Swimming
- Swimmers only needed to stay in sync with themselves (and the music)
- Horse Long Jump
- A horse and rider would simply try to jump as far as possible
- Surprisingly, the longest horse jump was only 6.10 meters, while the world record human long jump is 8.95 meters!